Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Making baby shower presents

I found this amazing tutorial to turn an adult size t-shirt into an adorable baby sleep sack.
I've been searching for a Kenny Chesney shirt for my nephew who is due 3 weeks after our little girl but I haven't had any luck. :( Today at the thrift store I found a STL Cardinals shirt! Perfect! I was lucky because Harrison was at his Parents Day Out so I quickly whipped up a newborn gown. I am so proud of myself and amazed at how easy it was. You should try it too!

before

after!!
If you do attempt to make this, the last step in the tutorial is wording weird and I couldn't figure it out. What I did is sew a 1 inch hem leaving an opening to add the elastic. I then threaded a safety pin through one end of the elastic and fed it though the opening. Once it was through, I sewed the two ends of the elastic together and closed up the opening. Looks professional! I can't wait to give it to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment