Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Perpetual calendar project

As i have mentioned before, I am addicted to pinterest. This results in tons of wonderful projects I want to tackle. This was my project of the day!

I have tried journaling in the past with poor results. By the time I lay down at night, I don't feel like journaling. Then I found this idea on pinterest!

She used index cards with a date stamp to "jot journal" for each day every year then continues for the following years. The idea is very simple — flip to the current date and at the end of the day, write down something that happened. Some days it is big things like "Harrison took his first trip to the zoo.” Other days it is small, like “needed a nap today.” I love that you can look back to see what happened on previous years and it is super quick to keep up with!

I made some modifications on my version. First, I knew that the chances of those cards staying in that cute little box all the time was slim to none so I hole-punched my cards and attached them to a book ring. The rings were actually left over from Harrison's nursery curtain on his closet seen here. Walgreens had 100 index cards on sale this week for $1 so I picked up 4. Finally we borrowed Adam's date stamp from work. That took the longest! 365 turns on the dial later and it was ready. :)

I used already-owned scrapbook paper for a cover

and more scrapbook paper for dividers... I didn't own any vintage postcards. Maybe next time?

date stamped and ready to "quick write"

I love how the dividers look!
 As long as I keep up with this, it will be fun to read as the years go by! Hopefully my kids will enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment