Monday, June 14, 2010

Summertime!!!

Its officially summer! No work, no plans, just being a mommy! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that part of my job :)

Harrison is growing so fast, he's 8 months now and on the move. Crawling is his new favorite thing. He use to cry any time you left the room or when he couldn't reach a toy, and was frustrated all the time. Not anymore! He's all over the place. I can have him in the kitchen while I'm cooking or washing dishes and a few seconds later, he's on the other side of the house! There's blessings and challenges in everything I guess. :)

He is also pulling up on everything which unfortunately results in things falling on him and him falling over quite often. Poor baby is developing bruises all over. I guess that's just part of growing up and being a boy.

On my last day of school, June 1st, I decided that it was time for Harrison to begin sleeping through the night. Although I didn't mind him sleeping with us and nursing all night, it was time. We did the cry it out method. Our pediatrician had told us it would probably take a week with terrible nights but to stick it out, so we did. The first night, Harrison woke up around 2 and cried for over an hour. Not just crying, but screaming! It was awful. So awful that Adam went down stairs and slept on the couch! But the second night, he fussed for a few minutes and went back to sleep. Since then he's sleeping 11 hours each night. Pure bliss!

With him sleeping though the night, its kind of let me to begin weaning. It's a sad thought that I'm not making it to the one year mark like I planned. But I keep telling myself that he's super healthy from all my milk so far. He's never had a real fever or been sick. I'm trying to take it slow :)


My biggest task this month is trying to change Harrison's sleeping schedule. Right now he wakes up around 6 am (too early!!!), morning nap at 9, afternoon nap at 1, and bedtime at 7 (absolutely no later, he gets WAY to crabby). I'm pushing everything back in 10 minute increments to hopefully have him wake around 7 and stay up until 8. This will help us be able to actually do things together as a family in the evening. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment